The Undefeated is the premier platform for exploring the intersection of race, sports and culture. We enlighten and entertain with innovative storytelling, original reporting and provocative commentary. Not conventional. Never boring.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. This position will be remote until the company determines it is safe to return to the office. Once safe, it will require the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates leadership & mastery of operating skills and perform under strict timelines with little supervision.
- Edits a wide range of assignments and equipment within the edit environment and as indicated by the job title. Assignments include but are not limited to high profile video editing and graphic creation, media management, archival media restore and ingest systems, After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere.
- High level Edit and Animation skills are highly desirable.
- Mastery of broadcast, digital and social methods workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to edit assignments.
- Conducts expert level of quality control and influences the staff in quality control measuring and how to take corrective action to endure and/or enhance the content.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation. Also expected to participate in the training of others and generate training documentation. Expected to influence training programs and timelines for staff development.
- Interprets complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and resolutions.
- Expert organizational, efficiency, communication and planning skills are required.
- Participate in the authoring, updating and improvement of departmental SOP's and other policies.
- Provides exceptional service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Expert understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations. Communicates in a wide audience of vested stakeholders from other departments and external clients.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently, manage simultaneous projects, and follow through on assignments.
- Documents and/or file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, at the request of management.
- Expert ability to identify problems, recommend solutions and/or resolve operational error and equipment error.
- Leads in forecast planning for complex operations with regard to location, workflow, personnel, & facility allocation.
- Leverages personal experience/knowledge in order to influence training programs and timelines for staff development, and organize special initiatives. Take the lead role and/or oversee special events and projects as necessary.
- Recommend and integrate new technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Lead change initiatives, share work experiences and offer solutions and/or training to complex workflow or system challenges.
- Lead frequent interactions with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments.
- Lead team meetings on a variety of topics; evaluating staff issues, action items, workflow concerns, etc.
- Provides mentoring, coaching, role modeling to other operating staff members and/or peers. Champions team building and development opportunities.
- Independently provides efficient and successful solutions in assigned area to all customers in specific production or construction as defined and assigned by management.
- A minimum of eight years of practical work in a large market or network level TV production or related experience.
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires quick turnaround edits.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call ESPN .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.