The Features Producer II will produce feature elements as assigned by Senior Management with attention to editorial structure and creative visuals. Field produce interviews and b-roll. Responsible for writing scripts and selecting all production elements.
The Undefeated is located in Washington D.C. This position will be remote until the company determines it is safe to return to the office. Once safe, it will require the candidate live in the city or relocate for the position.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for producing a wide range of content for sports, race & culture shows; produces features, teases, documentaries and long-form specials, pieces of features, from start to finish for air, typically segments of duration from one to five minutes
- Responsible for generating and researching content ideas; conceives of, plans and executes the production of features; determines the content, writing, editing style and story lines; arranges for talent, graphics, animation, equipment and crews; arranges travel and logistics for talent, crew and other production personnel; writes script; oversees feature "shoots"; oversees editing to achieve the desired story line and pacing
- Operates within the context of ESPN's defined sports, race & culture program concepts, objectives and outcomes
- During feature productions, plans and directs the work of Associate Producers, freelance production personnel and freelance technicians
- Produces features independently with regular guidance from the responsible Coordinating Producer
- Work is review by the responsible Coordinating Producer at regular intervals and milestones
- Develops concepts and content for sports, race & culture features to reach viewers and increase ESPN's market penetration, ratings and viewership
- Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports, race & culture features including the features comprising the feature; identifies and follows-up on emerging features and stories
- Analysis/Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Participates in decisions regarding the full scope of creative, content, production and cost/benefit decisions for assigned sports, race & culture features
- Recommendations and decisions are subject to general review and are guided by the defined objectives and outcomes of assigned sports, race & culture features
- Ensures that the concepts and content of assigned sports, race & culture features comply with the established policy and concepts of the Studio Production Department
- Applies established organizational, creative and production skills to identifying and evaluating alternatives and to developing the concept and content of assigned sports, race & culture features
- Participates in interpreting the concepts of assigned sports, race & culture features for the responsible Coordinating Producer, other Producers and related production and technical staffs
- Tracks and reports budgets and on occasion, has within budget spending authority for assigned features
- Participates in developing or develops processes and procedures for Associate Producers and Production Assistants that enhance the efficiency with which assigned features are produced
- Through personal time management, organization and planning, contributes to the processing efficiencies of assigned sports, race & culture feature and to that of the Studio Production Department
- For assigned sports, race & culture features, communicates as required with third-parties such as and information resources; interacts with information sources for assigned sports, race & culture features
- Coordinates and resolves content and production issues arising in assigned features with technical and operations staff and outside resources
- Organizes, structures and leads meetings to develop the content of assigned sports, race & culture features
- Creates and enhances relations with important information sources and related third-parties
- Creates and maintains positive relations with talent and production crews
- The purpose of interactions is to transmit and receive highly complex information
- Often interprets complex information for others
- Often communicates to influence others
- Ability to create and write features, teases, documentaries, and long-form specials.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated the ability to and interest in developing and leading others.
- Excellent production and technical knowledge.
- Specific knowledge of television production techniques used in digital environment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively complex related production experience with advanced prior experience producing features, teases, documentaries, and long-form specials.
Required Education Preferred Education
- Minimum 3 years of experience using non-linear edit software such as Avid and Adobe Premiere and able to produce rough cuts of segments for preliminary screening.
- Preference given to candidates with strong editing background, who can edit, color-correct, and provide final audio mix.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using digital cine-cameras, which include, but not limited to: Canon 5D, Canon C300, Sony F5/F55, RED Epic or higher, or Arri Alexa
- Bachelor's or Technical School degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field is desired
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call ESPN .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.